Retail supply chain design
A major international retailer was recording exponential growth in sales operations, requiring an expansion of the supply chain to stores across a wide geography. This included warehousing, transport operations and inventory management at multiple sites.
Our team was engaged to introduce and implement Lean tools and techniques to –
- Improve operational performance at existing sites
- Develop layouts, material flow and operating plans for new sites
Our team worked with the client leadership team to identify the target processes for Lean based improvement. We conducted a series of Value Stream Mapping (VSM) workshops and Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs) to deliver tangible improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery metrics.
We leverages the knowledge from existing operations to design the layout, flows and processes for the new sites, enabling rapid operational readiness. Our team provided Lean training to all staff at the sites to commence the change journey towards a continuous improvement mindset.
The project has achieved the following outcomes to date –
- Redesigned, fit-for-purpose processes and procedures to enable supply chain operations to run more efficiently.
- Successful launch and new supply chain operations, catering to rapid growth in store sales.
- Improved Lean capability in the organisation, leading to ongoing sustainability of improvements.